Languages: English (native), Spanish (high intermediate in all areas, pending ACTFL proficiency certification)
Degrees: B.A. in English, Cum Laude, December 2013
Relevant Work Experience, by date from most recent
1) English Teacher, Montebello Academy: Microsoft Showcase School (Angamarca, Ecuador)
- August 2015 – March 2016
- In a bilingual school, create and teach fifteen hours of engaging classes per week to students in grades 10, 11, and 12, using a specialized methodology with emphasis on technology, project-based learning, group discussion, participation, critical thinking, idea synthesis, and real-world skills. Create, assign, and grade pre-work, homework, quizzes, and tests. Send pre-work and homework and record grades electronically.
2) Professional Writing Consultant, Tyler Junior College Writing Center
- August 2014 – July 2015
- Assist all types of students in every part of the writing process through one-on-one tutoring, equipping the tutee with the tools to learn independently. Lead workshops on various subjects using technology and interactive methods
3) Spanish-speaking Receptionist, Office of Dr. Daniel Balderrama, D.D.S.
- February 2014 – May 2014
- Assist Spanish speakers in any necessary way, from making appointments and filling out paperwork to explaining procedures
4) Writing Tutor & English Department Student Worker, East Texas Baptist University
- Dec.2012 – Dec. 2013
- Tutor students by appointment in every phase of the writing process, giving them the tools to succeed independently. Do office work as needed, including grading quizzes and tests for professors, making phone calls and answering emails, and running errands.
TJC Writing Center Tutor of the Month, March 2015, January 2015, November 2014
Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges, 2013
1st place Poetry, Era Miller Writing Contest, “To Share a Name with the Dead”, 2012
The Beacon, literary arts magazine
- Essay: “The Pursuit of Beauty”, “Identity in Words”
- Poetry: “To Share a Name with the Dead”, “Baby Elaine”, “Devouring”
- Short story: “Black-eyed Susan”
Last updated March 2016.